Saint Louis University
St. Louis, Missouri
Saint Louis University Brewing Science and Operations Certificate
Partnering with the St. Louis Brewers Heritage Foundation, Saint Louis University’s School for Professional Studies is proud to offer you our online certificate in brewing science and operations. Brewing experts in the St. Louis area will teach you the scientific processes of brewing and fermentation, the engineering operations components of breweries, beer style and evaluation, the process used to manage a brewery, and how fermented beverages impact society.
As part of the School for Professional Studies, this program offers enterprising adults like you a flexible option to meet your personal and career goals. With multiple start dates from SLU Online, you can begin working toward your certificate at any time.
- Graduates will be able to apply the scientific processes (chemical, biological and physical) of brewing and fermentation.
- Graduates will be able to describe the engineering operations components of a brewery.
- Graduates will be able to explain beer style and evaluation.
- Graduates will be able to explain the processes used to manage a brewery.
- Graduates will be able to describe how fermented beverages impact society (history, community, society, economic).
The list of possible jobs in the brewing industry is quite extensive. Graduates of the brewing science and operations certificate will be prepared to pursue various in-demand positions in the following broad categories:
- Operations Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Hospitality Industry
- Business Development
- Sales, Marketing and Distribution
Fieldwork and Research Opportunities
Both local and virtual students will have the opportunity to participate in fieldwork as a part of the certificate in brewing science and operations program. Local students will be able to visit several St. Louis breweries where brewing professionals will provide guided lectures and first-hand demonstrations of the brewing process. Virtual students will be able to attend these visits via streaming video and can post questions via live chat.
- Age: 21 years or older
- Work Experience: At least three years or the equivalent
- Education: High school diploma or composite GED score of at least 2250
- Interview: Successful completion of a meeting with an academic coach (this can be done over the phone or on campus)
- Grade Point Average: Minimum transfer cumulative GPA of 2.50 (unless qualified for conditional admittance)
- Transcript: An official transcript from the most recent institution attended
Scholarships and Financial Aid
There are two principal ways to help finance a Saint Louis University education:
- Scholarships: awarded based on academic achievement, service, leadership, and financial need. The School for Professional Studies offers numerous scholarships and awards specially for new students.
- Financial Aid: provided in the form of grants and loans, some of which require repayment.
To determine eligibility for financial assistance, submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) early for maximum consideration. FAFSA is available at: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
For information on other scholarships and financial aid, visit the student financial services office online at http://finaid.slu.edu.
CERTIFICATE & DEGREE PROGRAMS
- Certificate in Brewing Science and Operations
Your name and email address are held in strictest confidence by MajoringInBeer.com and Saint Louis University and will not be shared with anyone else.